Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pencil Grip Drama

I used to really be laided back, and as a teacher I could handle the kids coming to me
with blood or other exciting things.
I've always gotten stressed easy but never really dealt with WORRY all the time!
That is until I became a mother. I became the BIGGEST WORRIER of a mom!
How can you not be???
One week ago today I got a call from the school. It was about 5 minutes till school got out.
They wanted to see if I could go ahead and come in early to check on Wes.
He had swallowed a pencil grip.
They thought it was a rather large thing to swallow and wanted me to check on him.
As soon as he saw me he ran to me, hugged me, and cried.
He was scared.
I am so thankful that it did not get lodged in his throat
and somehow went down without much effort!
I called the doctor's office and the nurse said just to watch him for several days. If he had acute tummy pain obviously bring him in.
Well he was complaing a ton about his stomach and some reflux-like symptons.
Talk about turning on my worry!!!
Here is a picture of the type of pencil grip.
BEFORE
AFTER
Just kidding I won't post that picture!
5 days later it did come out and we could all relax!

Wes really did learn his lesson (so far) because he hasn't put but one thing in his mouth to chew since then. Normally it would be 100 things!

Thank you God for taking care of Wes!
We LOVE him and are so blessed that you gave him to our family to borrow!

LOVE MOMMY!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Loved talking with you yesterday! So glad this story had a happy ending! :-)

Holly said...

How scary!! So glad it came out and everything was okay. Enjoyed catching up on your life. Wes grew a lot this summer. I was hoping to see pictures of the girl's weekend in AR.